Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday



Tonight, I will be with the Jews. I am feeling oh so Judah Macabee. We'll be hanging ten so we can paint some lamb's blood on our faces and remind ourselves of how we killed Jesus on a Popsicle stick. Oh wait, was I supposed to share that with y'all?

Seriously, I have an elegant Jewish event to attend at a local arts college. (The President is a Jew and a Williams grad. Don't worry, AG was happy to speak with him a few weeks ago and let him know that US News and World Reports got its head out of its tuckus and we are back where we've always been: above Williams!) The venue is expected to be quite lovely as the space is fantastic and will be complete with open bar and hors d'Ĺ“uvres. Yep, I am planning on needing a ride home.

I will see all my little Jewish friends. I heart those kids and would take a bullet for each and everyone one of them. Don't get me wrong, I heart my non Jewish friends too, but I love going to events like this and being Jewish with my peeps. We do Jewishy things, whatever that means. Such as it will be talk of who got engaged, who got the best discount at Macy's this week, Facebooking discussions, who is graduating medical school and would be perfect for AG, the Oscars, and when we're going to have drinks and L'Chaim each other next. This is not to be confused with Shabbos dinners I get invited to and 20s and 30s mix and mingle events that I rock like its nobody's business.

Why is tonight different than all other nights, you ask? It has to do with the best part of the evening and that is that someone whose bedroom I've been in, wine I have consumed, Hanukkah gift I have in my wallet, juris degree I have seen, and face I have kissed, will be there. Oh, it's going to be a big night. Do not wait up, if you know what I mean...

And I look hot in my Ralph Lauren and sparkly outfit. It's all about AG tonight. Well AG and a few Baruch Atoi Adonais. more...

3 comments:

  1. I totally get wanting to be with people like you. I have those needs, too. I love, love, love the fact that I have so many multicultural friends (and am glad my son is growing up in a place that is culturally sensitive, the best part of this school district!) but sometimes I just need to be with folks I have a ton in common with. Like Ash Weds for example...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhh, AG's got herself a jewish lawyer? way to go! have fun tonight, and don't do anything I would do. Pictures of total hotness in a ralph lauren dress would also be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be no pictures. AG's don't share pictures with the Internets. Sorry!

    And AG never said had. La. La.

    ReplyDelete