Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Enemy Within

Alright, That's enough.

This Shall Not Stand!

There seems to be no end of bloggers out there on THE LEFT who find it abso-focking-lutely HILARIOUS to slag Rush. (No, not the fat drug addict felon. Keep up).

The Editors
TBogg-aroni ini arooni
And now, The Sadlys.


well, maybe not the Sadlys. They seem to be keeping an observer's role so far. But I remember the UTube Wars, when the observers themselves were turned into combatants; If they can remain impartial, the Canuck rain may yet spare them.

Until this is resolved, I vow to title every one of my posts with a Rush song; I will daily post a Rush related picture or video; and I will include Rush lyrics at random intervals. Here's one now:








It saddens me greatly to see once-great bloggers become mere shadows of their former selves by picking ill-conceived stances such as this one; bleeding their former credibility until they become parodies of themselves.

Retardo claims to be a moderate Rush fan, and there's nothing wrong with that. Actually, I would most likely fall into that category myself. But, you know, if they have their way, even moderate fans will be ostracized, condemned, and possible jailed in Guantanamo.

First, they will do it to the Rush fans, and you may not be a Rush fan; But eventually they will go after the Beatles and Kiss; and then we won't have anything but Taylor Hicks.

6 comments:

  1. All kidding aside, I do love the RUSH.

    But admit it, they make a great target for satire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil! Get over here.

    Pound a solo on Zelmo's ass.



    yeah, and you probably skipped the Sonic Youth show too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. Busted.

    F'rinstance: Take Xanadu, one of my all time favorites (and I don't mean the Olivia Newton-John movie). Take the lyrics, please:

    "To stand within the Pleasure Dome
    Decreed by Kubla Khan
    To taste anew the fruits of life
    The last immortal man
    To find the sacred river Alph
    To walk the caves of ice
    Oh, I will dine on honeydew
    And drink the milk of Paradise"

    C'mon, that is just RIPE for satire.


    Kudos on the YouTube vids. Nice add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, it TOOK a few albums for Peart to get the hang of writing lyrics.

    Always sounded just fine after several bong hits tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until this is resolved, I vow to title every one of my posts with a Rush song; I will daily post a Rush related picture or video; and I will include Rush lyrics at random intervals.

    :) :) :) :)

    I didn't read the links, but I'm assuming what they all had to say.

    It's also very uncool in the blogosphere to like Elton John and U2.

    And sometimes Barry Manilow, but that's somewhat understandable. A bit unfair, but understandable.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a love/hate affair with U2. I was a huge fan when "Boy" came out, and kind of feel that most everything was weaker after that. Of coourse, they got huge, and that whole thing about sharing a cool obscure band with evrybody else plays into it. But I still like them, and have most everything they've put out.

    Elton's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" is an epic album. One of the first CDs I bought when I got my first CD player.

    ReplyDelete