Thursday, November 04, 2010

Shining Hours In A Can

Welcome to my world.

Fish should love this.




However, it does serve to put the election in focus. Here in Cheesehead country, we have an idiot millionaire businessman as a new Senator, who vows to run government as a business. Nevermind that his business depended on government loans, contracts, and infrastructure largesse to be successful, and that the government itself does not have its own government to run to for handouts.

AND the former Milwaukee County Executive is our Gov-Elect. He has decimated the County, milking it of every dollar of budget in privatization and suburban tax cuts,  pretty much destroying what was once a vibrant, nationally renowned park system for chuckles (and because it mainly benefited urban residents who are suspiciously dark), and now looks forward to doing the same to the whole State, aided and abetted by a compliant, moronic Republican Lege. "Wisconsin is Open for Business", indeed. the postscript; "...so come here and pay no taxes, destroy our wage structure, defile our environment, and move on to Taiwan after there's nothing left."

Walker has been elected and re-elected based on suburban resentment and fear of the urban center, not a little of which is based in racism YES I SAID IT YOU RACIST FUCKWADS.

Plus, just to make sure; he has promised to keep working as County Exec right up until sworn in as Gov, just to make sure he can maximize the destruction.

Happy zombie, happy zombie....

14 comments:

  1. Ohio is sick of unemployment, SICK I tell you.

    So we elected Bush's people in charge of sending jobs to China.

    M.B. is making more and more sense, and I wish he would stop making sense.

    P.S. Apparently Ozzy is a caveman.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Mr. Bouffant needs to do a duet with David Byrne....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure hat somewhere in the infinitely varied ecology of the Innertube, there is some blog making sufficiently little sense for ITTDGY's tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what you are saying is being a architect is exactly like being a scientist, only the hours are better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to self- Wisconsin is off the list for the blogging compound. So is Illinois and Ohio. New Zealand is looking better all the time!

    Seriously, I don't know what in the hell people were thinking this past election. It makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what you are saying is being a architect is exactly like being a scientist, only the hours are better?

    Plus, architects have to pay for Errors and Ommissions insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure hat

    You sure are a Hat. A Gourd, even.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bad election results are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. architects have to pay for Errors and Ommissions insurance.

    Scientists have to pay for Horrors and Emissions insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeez, man, thanks for cheering me up. Here I've thought all along that if I hadn't mis-spent the 90% of my life that people weren't actively trying to kill me riding big American choppers, consuming massive, toxic quantities of mind altering chemicals and having all manner of bizarre sexual activities with waitresses, bartenders, hairdressers and hookers I wouldn't find myself unemployed, unemployable and broke.

    Heh. Turns out either my life management skills aren't so bad or the world is just such a fucked up place that there's no actual reward for hard work and responsibility.

    Either way, there's always Sailor Jerry's...

    ReplyDelete
  11. way ahead of you, mikey. WAY ahead.

    But it seems to me that the life you described was an option I should have investigated a little more in depth. So here I am, broke and unemployable also, but I haven't had the benefits of debauchery and chemicals....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, Mr. Walker cannot wait to be sworn in to start destroying jobs:

    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/11/6/917612/-Republicans-win-office,-kill-jobs-immediately

    What a fuckweasel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny. I really don't regret it. I spent more than fifteen years with no real address and everything I owned either stashed someplace or would fit on my scooter. I didn't see a big chunk of the world, but from the continental divide to the pacific I knew every road, every bar, every gas station and a thousand friends and lovers in a thousand trailer parks. People always seemed glad to see me, and even when things turned hard and brittle there was something funny about it.

    There was such beauty ripping through the New Mexico desert at eighty heading to el paso with the scent of dust and pinon in your nose. There was misery rolling out of Jackson Hole in January, all black ice and slashing snow, snot running into your mustache and numb from the knees down. But there was always another adventure, another party, another chance to put a bet on the line and roll the dice.

    I miss it, but like Edgar Rentaria, you try to go out on top, and you recognize when you just haven't got what it takes anymore. But there are moments, perfect moments, when you squint into the sunset and remember...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that I'd had that cgi chick's parents. That way, when I finally ran head on into reality I wouldn't have blamed them for a second for wanting to kill myself so very much and often!

    OTOH, thanks Mom & Pops!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete