Monday, November 29, 2010

Makes Me Sad

...and the return happens.

I've been hiding amongst a stack of journal papers, family emergencies, travel, and several trips to the vet for the kitty baby.

And what do I have to say for myself? A lot but this isn't Facebook, so I'll keep my commentary brief and directed toward my academic work as of late. I find it sad, demoralizing, and frightening that when performing research searches, articles by Laura Ingraham and Jonah Goldberg will appear among the lists from time to time. This depresses me greatly. Not because of what they say, but because I am forced to see them alongside of actual researched and peer reviewed academic articles. Don't get me wrong, there are those in academia that I don't agree with, but at least they have strung together an argument that was constructed from incorrect frameworks based upon other's peer reviewed research. I cannot say this is the case for folks like Goldberg and Ingraham.

And so it makes me sad.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was interesting and incredibly heart breaking. We'll leave it at that and hope for brighter tomorrow in a world of uncertainty.

2 comments:

  1. Did you use Google Scholar, or maybe Scirus? That'll get rid of those pesky meathead articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been considering Google Scholar more recently. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete