Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apologize for What?




During the Jewish High Holidays, I am compelled to reflect in the mirror upon my year and seek atonement for my misdeeds and transgressions. This year, I did a decent job of living clean, doing the right thing, reminding myself about karma whenever I strayed to the left of mischief. I am relatively light in the atonement department for once. Of course it might have helped that I avoided a good number of people who actually should be reaching out to me about their regrets for misdeeds directed towards me. By avoiding such individuals and no longer allowing their mental illness in my space, I was also able to avoid going to jail and/or chopping up Barbie dolls and mailing them to deserving cobags. I suppose a win-win for all parties in some regards.

However, unlike this Portland Maine Newspaper, I will not apologize for supporting the Muslim community and their right to exist and be recognized. As an American, I am reminded of the great promises of this land and the freedom she offers to those who become citizens either by birth or choice. As such, I do not hold accountable all Muslims for the actions and beliefs of several extremists, who happened to be Muslim, for the heinous acts on my birthday nearly a decade ago. Do you hold AG accountable for the verbal diarrhea that Michelle Malkin writes on her blog because we're both bloggers?

I do however hold accountable the editor of the Pres Herald for not only being a coward in writing such an apology, but clearly one who supports discrimination. As someone who revealed to you recently that I had family members who came to this country with grave fears of how they'd be recognized as Jews, Italian Jews at that, I will not endorse or support the very mentality that fueled my ancestors' fears. It's illogical and impedes intellectual and communal growth.

Racists Americans need to grow up now! They want their freedom of speech and gun rights and property rights and on and on, but only when it allows them to control what is said via media outlets and to carry an uzi while walking their dogs to ensure uppity Jews like me (as well as other races and cultures) don't get out of hand. Freedom and future national growth is not built upon concessions like such.

And you know what I say to that and the Free Press Editor: You are fucking cowards!

7 comments:

  1. Do you hold AG accountable for the verbal diarrhea that Michelle Malkin writes on her blog because we're both bloggers?

    Sure. Why Not?

    KIDDING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like it's all A.G.'s fault to me...
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how people whose ancestors have faced oppression and discrimiation (I'm looking at you O'Reilly and Hannity) are so willing to do the same thing to others.

    WV- balina- almost a whale, almost a dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My initial response is to blame fish.

    Upon further reflection I will still blame fish.

    Italian Jews in Milwaukee? Did Harold Brier know about this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you should. Milwaukee could probably use a dose of AG.


    You'll have to excuse Willy. He's still all kattywampus from the Zomby Woof thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I avoided a good number of people who actually should be reaching out to me about their regrets for misdeeds directed towards me. By avoiding such individuals and no longer allowing their mental illness in my space, I was also able to avoid going to jail and/or chopping up Barbie dolls and mailing them to deserving cobags"

    I SO NEED TO TRY THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete