Friday, May 28, 2010

Dazed and Confused

PETER GRAVES NEEDS TO CUT THE SHIT OUT.

Last night, I was finishing some work, when Chris Fucking Matthews came on the tv in the other room and spits out "When I come back, I tell you what President Obama should say about the Gulf".

well, fuck my dog, but there's no need for me to listen or watch that. So I made myself a kooba zombre and headed out to the deck, where Lucy, the Orange, Leaky Ass Dog was stinking up the yard with river-smell and trying to dry out.

After YZ and I both taught each other the importance of KEEPING A FRICKING EYE ON THE FRICKING CHESS BOARD, I came back in and Missus Zombie was watching a special on Mama Cass, interesting enough that I camped out before heading to bed.

And after that was Jimi Hendrix.

And then Led Zeppelin.

So fuck you, Biography channel. Lucky for you that the next one was Janis Joplin and not Foghat, or I would probably still be up. MST 3K was way too polite toward Peter Graves.

So, that's why I've been listening to Zeppelin all day, and there's no Friday Musical Spew. It's Peter Graves' fault.


EDIT.  Further posting by zombie on this subject here.  Scroll down to #25.

15 comments:

  1. I've been playing "The Rover" a lot lately, enough that I went to download it from eMusic. Except you can only download Zep albums in their entirety. Granted, Physical Graffiti is worth owning, but I have the old 90s Zep box set which has 75% of that album already, and I don't really have a burning need to own "Boogie With Stu." Stupid licensing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physical Graffiti has my favorite Bonzo drumming on it, other than Carouselambra.

    emusic played my week spot, offering 50 downloads for 20 bucks right when I was looking at LZ IV and saying, you know, other than Stairway, I kind of need the rest of this album....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between this and the Dio, I may never regain my Insufferable Music Snob standing.

    Added in Plant's solo stuff, and that Raising Sand album, just to mix things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Dread Zeppelin is at Summerfest this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dread Zeppelin

    OK, now you're on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Empire Musical Editor sez:


    It won't be the first time DZ has been at Summerfest, and doesn't even count the times we have seen DZ in non-festival venues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha That is very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kahtleen is teasing the Editoz, cuz she knoze we been drinkin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Physical Graffiti has my favorite Bonzo drumming on it, other than Carouselambra.

    Agreed. "In My Time of Dying" is my all-time favorite LZ song mostly because of his playing.

    Unrelated question: do you like films about gladiators?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biography totally sucked me in this weekend also!!
    But it lost me yesterday. Too much Aileen Warnos and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know why you are hating on my girl Janis though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. no hatin, fish. Just never really felt the Janis love.

    ReplyDelete