Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On Your Feet Or On Your Knees



You mock me now a veteran of the evil  health care wars
I've been whining on the net so long, where the winds of limbaugh roar
And I'm white enough to look at, and far too pale to see
All the teabags on the inside
I'm not sure that there's anything left of me

Don't let these votes go on, it's time we had a break from it
It's time we were less free
We've been holding up our signs
We've been eating up our brains
Oh please, don't let these votes go on.

You ask me why I'm angry, why I can't make no sense
You aim your cameras at me, even though my sign's misspelled
But the war's in my mind, dear, warped though it may be
And I don't know what I'm sayin
I will say everyone but me shouldn't be free

Don't let these votes go on, it's time to stop democracy
It's time to try tyranny
We've been oiling up our guns
We've been pimpling our buns
Oh please, don't let these votes go on.

You see me now a veteran of a Obama's health care wars
My energy is spent at last, and my armor is destroyed
I have used up all my weapons, and I'm helpless and bereaved
Wounds are all I'm made of
Dare you say  this is victory?

Don't let these votes go on, it's time for us to dramatize
Send me to the rear
Where the tides of madness swell
And men sliding into hell
Oh please, don't let these votes go on.


That actually required very little modification.

7 comments:

  1. Oh well done that man, Have a beer.

    OK, have another beer.

    I always heard the lyrics as "Dare you say..." rather than "Did I hear you say...".

    ReplyDelete
  2. There goes the Cult, breaking the blogroll again.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, nice. I was actually debating the other day whether I should download the Heavy Metal soundtrack off eMusic.

    On Your Feet or on Your Knees might be my favorite live album title ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always heard the lyrics as "Dare you say..."

    WHAT!!??!? You mean there is inaccurate information on teh INternet?

    There goes the Cult, breaking the blogroll again.

    It's SO BIG.

    whether I should download the Heavy Metal soundtrack off eMusic.


    I would.

    On Your Feet or on Your Knees might be my favorite live album title ever.

    Great album, too. Raw, nearly punk in its intensity. Shortly after that came out was a limited release (or a bootleg) called "In my mouth or on the ground"

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS!!
    ANd,
    another post from the Zombie.
    woo hooo!!!

    ReplyDelete