Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Helping

AG loves her some Internet and is obsessed with her trip later this week to the 'deep South' (Hold me, Chuckles). The latest finds on people who can type comments on the tubes about Alabama or from it:



Move to a mostly black area of Birmingham (there are plenty). Then you won't have to worry about mean old, white rednecks. Good grief.


If you want less rednecks, move out of the South. I've been to neighborhoods with nice large homes and vehicles and "yahoo, go confederates!" types on 4 wheelers going through the streets. That is Alabama, though. It is not a bad place, but if you want to avoid people who say things like "Clinton ruined this country" and who support gay marriage, this isn't the place to find them. The South, overall, lacks the progressive thinking of the north. For some that is a good thing, for others it is not.


Southerners simply MUST attack pink lettering, democrats and homosexuality? Blaming the victim is weak.


My wife says I am a redneck, I am a full time bass fishing guide so I guess so, I might be a redneck because I am very conservative but I am not a racist. We are going to alabama because I feel more comfortable around the laid back people up there. There are hardly no good old rednecks like my self here anymore so this might be your kind of place because you have a lot of different kinds of people around here.


lol... i feel like such an e-hick now!

I would never vote for a black man", "Obama seems smart, but I dont want a black man to be President." I was pretty shocked, but at the same time; I knew it was coming because these guys had that whole Carhart thing going on if you know anything about clothes.


My next stop, Walmart!; boy that Walmart almost has Waffle House beat I tell ya...


Seriously y'all, if AG is not back by Wednesday of next week -- send large search forces.

9 comments:

  1. O I think they're all just fine with Jews...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is the things people write on comment boards on the Internet make me sleep with one eye open.

    This is my point about the rape drama, this kind of stuff is far more pervasive in society than any of us wish to admit.

    America is a work in progress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see Mr. AC Newman read song-lyrics-as-poetry in Tuscaloosa once. That's gotta be worth something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AG, comment boards? Internets?

    relax. The internets are all imaginary...

    That thing about rape tho? Yeppers.

    And America being a work in progress? I agree. Although it's starting to seem to me that the work in progress is throwing a clay pot, and the clay is lumpy and out of balance, just before the whole thing collapses and goes sliding across the wheel into the gutter....

    A sublimely talented potter may salvage it, but i am not sure that's who's at the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the Internets are as real as you and me. And if you don't believe me, fuck you and your boyfriend!

    -What movie?

    Bueller? Bueller?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How real am I?

    I am an ex-Billy Pilgrim, and a nominal zombie.

    I used to play an architect on TV, but was canceled after 13 episodes.

    I haz a blog and a LOLCat. I hadz a bukkit.

    I may be aware of all Internet Traditions, but now am only interested in subscribing to your newsletter, as it is relevant to my interests.

    What Would Bob Do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AG- just don't say pecan and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RB, the new AC Newman release is pretty good, pretty good...

    ReplyDelete
  9. J-Lo, I totally plan on it. And not eating everything offered to me. Apparently it shames the person who brings you.

    ReplyDelete