Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Years Of Wrong Impressions


So. 

 Hi.  

How you doin'?  

Umm, yea.  I been less than attentive, haven't I?

I guess it's good that AG brings the postings, and the occasional drama.  Otherwise this would be a dull fuckin blog, wouldn't it?  Thanks AG.  You help bring the weirdness.

I guess I've been in an existential sinkhole, I don't know what to write about.  So many current topics are dealt with by much better writers, Clif  at Sadly, no!, driftglass, alicublog.... it makes one feel a grinding debilitating envy, it does.

3Bulls runs a long delayed epic musical post designed to make EVERYONE feel clueless about last year's music.  Admittedly, it's based on Pitchfork's end of year review, which is already  written by Insufferable Music Wankers with no self-esteem and way too much time on their hands.  So it's like highly refined, purified weapons-grade  Music Snobbery designed to make you huddle into a fetal ball, clutching your Boston 8-tracks.  I can't even bear to look at my files to see what 2008 music I added, knowing it will be lame.  Working Man, indeed.

Outside, it is frigid in a way that not only freezes the snot in your nose, it actually makes sunlight move slower.  Plus, the entire universe, apparently, is covered by a couple of feet of snow.  Attractive and conducive to wintery recreation when located in Colorado or Tahoe, but here it just serves to cover up the people who froze to death until the ground is warm enough to bury them.  The dog won't even poop on the yard, because she's too wimpy to walk on the snow and I have to shovel the dookie off the sidewalk onto the concealed grassy areas.

Some say that there is change coming, that a new President will be working to reverse the damages of the previous egregious squeezebags; but winter has set in, and things such as growth or warmth are but a rumor and a dream.  

So.

what to do over the next few months, until either the weather relents or we pile into the car and head for Mexico?  Maybe just try and reach out through these digital realms, making brief fleeting contacts as best we can, keeping the flickering, guttering flame of humanity and fellow-feeling alive in these dim, dark, cold days until ...  what, really?  What are we waiting for?

Maybe waiting is the wrong idea.  Waiting for something to change is passive, and miserable frigid midwestern winter notwithstanding, some kind of action may be called for.

But what?

13 comments:

  1. How about we just pile in the car and head for Mexico instead? My verification word is pollos - it's a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear and Loathing in Puerto Vallarta?

    I bet we could make it to Oklahoma before the bats show up. You bring the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's when you can't hear the bats, that's when you know the bats are coming.

    Other than that, I have no birthday advice."

    I gave that card to missus pilgrim.

    I think she got it. I hope she got it. It probably wasn't my most well received birthday wish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend a nice bottle of wine, a fire in the fireplace, your best seduction music and see what happens (not with me, just to clarify).

    Make sure Rotten Jr. is sleeping at a friends.

    My verification is prephr which is exactly what I am suggesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go to Mexico, although I have to say, I'm kind of intrigued with the direction this winter is taking... I suppose it's a morbid fascination thing.

    My word is "ingly" and yes, watching the snow and feeling the cold is indeed making me feel ingly all ovah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rotten!!! I am so glad you are back! What a happy thing when I bounced over and saw a post from you!
    Let's away to warmer climes, shall we? Pick me up. I"ll be the one in the midcalf length uglywintercoat, the messy hair, and the rednose.
    k?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hai! Look at all the people who can comment when it's not AG's weirdness.

    The Internet is banned for one week. All of you -- no dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. finally, I am banned. Sigh.



    fish (sob) - you don't understand. our fireplace is non-functional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch, that totally sucks. Maybe try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No! He needs this!!! Order now! You're limited to 2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were grounded, there is a difference. Keep it up, Billy PILGRIM, and there will be no Nintendo,no Food Network, no Pandora's box, no PT Loser, and you'll all be forced to write an essay on why Michelle Malkin is the best blogger. Evah.

    Fish, you my pretty, will get your own punishment separate of the others. Much like Rocky, the only thing I can assure you of is: pain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there! Get some vacation! Get some bourbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, this might cheer you up a little.

    ReplyDelete