Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'll Stay Out Tonight

Walked right straight into two crises today at work. It's amazing how much that can sting. Left a mark, too.

But managed to defuse one and take a bite into the other.

So, tonight is Free Hot Lunch, and it'll be a well-deserved wa-ha. It's impossible to maintain a downer while they're playing, it really is.

I probably won't make it the balls-to-the-wall careen it should be; I've got a meeting tomorrow. But rest assured: Tequila will be had. Oh yes my compatriots; Sweet, sweet Juice of The Agave will go to our brains and hearts, not ethanol. Give me no garbage about salt or the worm; good tequila has no need of such gimmickry.

I'm gonna go for the pictures too. We've got about two dozen friends coming, so it can be a pretty representative set of pictures. Yes, I've got more than two friends. Yes, I have a low threshold for defining friend. Usually just about anyone or anything, including Republicans, very small animals, and end tables can qualify.

It'll be an excellent warm up for Summerfest. The only thing missing will be sun, and I already got a starter burn on the day I spent at Riversplash.

Hold on; it's gonna be a bumpy summer.

8 comments:

  1. Anyone who buys me a beer is considered a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! Zelmo pops up!

    Calling in sick tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hangover just from reading the post. But in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 10:00am meeting tomorrow. Who the hell set that up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahahahahaha haha hee.

    wait. I have an interview at 11.

    oh just fuck 'em. even Peter cut me some slack on my hangover days. You saying your new bosses are worse than PR?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geesh. Sorry work had the drama.

    Are you 21 for beer?! Go to Bratfest in Madison and have a brat or two on AG!! AG cannot be arrested for not IDing you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you hear about the farmers in Mexico that burned their agave fields to plant corn to be sold for ethanol? What a waste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chuckles, it's one of those famous 'unintended consequences' that are only unexpected by idiots who never finished Basic Econ.

    A similar situation has occurred with rainforest wood resources. Countries will make use of their recources, one way or another. when consumers stopped buying rainforest wood products, the value of the trees (in the eyes of the owners) went down, and they started clear cutting because the land was worth more as farmland.

    However, if there's a predictable demand for the woods and a worthwhile price, the owners are encouraged to manage the wood growth through modern planting and harvesting, which is much less destructive.

    ReplyDelete