Friday, May 25, 2007

For Absent Friends

Dang. A whole week already?

Sorry about that. Would you believe Snag ate my keyboard?

How bout I'm busier than Blue Girl on her Thrown? Had my Yarbles repossessed by AG?

No? No.


eccch. no excuses. Either keep the damn bloggo going, or put it down like the mangy beast it is and just retire, occasionally rambling incoherently in Pinko's commentariat.

Well hey, it's Friday Random Musical spew and that means I can at least generate the attention span of a meth addled squirrel in order to listen to some songs and write them down. At least it's not just a placeholder post like you see at 3Bulls all the time, just making random noises to keep it current.

So off we go, new music included: 28,056 noises, 108.5 gigs.


1. To Kill the Child from the album "To Kill the Child / Leaving Beirut - Single" by Roger Waters Did I mention that we've got great tickets to Roger Waters at Summerfest? Did you know Zelmo is bagging on it? Do you think I'm trying to rub it in?
2. It's Saturday Night from the album "Sunshine On Leith" by The Proclaimers Remember when the Proclaimers were everywhere? Remember when everyone got sick of them? Remember when you could never hear them anywhere after that? Tired of me asking questions yet? Anyway, they're actually quite good, when they're not being played every five minutes. This is an entertaining drinking song.
3. Dominance And Submission from the album "Extraterrestrial Live" by Blue Öyster Cult
4. Poor Boy from the album "Crisis? What Crisis" by Supertramp You gotta beleive I don't take any mulligans when I post stuff like this.
5. Satellite from the album "Nothing For All - Disc 2" by The Replacements
6. Love Shadow from the album "Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits Of The '80s, Vol. 7" by Fashion
7. Even It Up from the album "Bebe Le Strange" by Heart
8. Bonus Track 1 from the album "Who Killed Puck?" by Cloud Cult Not a great song name, is it? Pretty good song, though, by a great new band.
9. Blame, Etc. from the album "Black Love" by The Afghan Whigs
10. Cadillac from the album "I, Swinger" by Combustible Edison Cocktail music. Better yet, have a Snagtail. On me.


bonus (some number)

11. Ballroom Blitz [Live] from the album "Can't Stand the Rezillos: The (Almost) Complete Rezillos" by Rezillos
12. That Gum You Like Is Back In Style from the album "New Roman Times" by Camper Van Beethoven
13. Denial from the album "The Singles Collection (Volume 1 1996-1997)" by Dropkick Murphys
14. Year Of The Parrot from the album "Tales From The Punchbowl" by Primus
15. Slow Down from the album "Voodoo Shoppe" by Cowboy Mouth


one last one: Stadium Arcadium from the album "Stadium Arcadium" by Red Hot Chili Peppers


take that. All of it. See you sooner than next Friday, I promise, grasshoppers.

9 comments:

  1. My lunch hour tune-age:


    Arctic Monkeys – Brainstorm
    Meat Puppets – Climbing
    Secret Machines – Light’s On
    !!! – Must Be The Moon
    Ludracris & Tina v. New Order – BR Right v. Ecstasy
    Nerf Herder – Chesterfield King
    Colonel Claypool’s Bucket of Bernie Brains – Ignorance Is Bliss
    Mew – Comforting Sounds
    Primus – Making Plans For Nigel
    The Lemonheads – Black Gown
    Elbow – Scattered Black and Whites
    Anti-Flag – She’s My Little Go Go Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  2. AG would like to get her hands on some Yarbles for her keychain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, Zelboid, here's agood example of the difference in a Random, and your XM lunch noise.

    You're selecting your XM stations based on your favorites, right? and these stations all have a focus of some sort.

    Whereas, with a random, you're subject to all those poorly thought out late night drunken downloads, and past mistakes, and other embarrassing noises like that Supertramp or the Combustible Edison (who I'm sure have lost their hipster status by now)

    AG- don't you already have UC's yarbles on your keychain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AG wishes. The problem is that UC is not your typical Jewish boy. Which by the way, AG ordered.

    I mean, Doctor: yes, Harvard Medical Schoool: double yes, owns his own place, yes, still bottle feeding from his mommy: pricless. However there is one thing most Jewish boys don't do and UC does --argue with AG and his mommy.

    Goddamitt.

    Where is Claire? She owes me Frank's Yarbles from when the vet sniped 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm scared.


    Coincidentally enough, I'm watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, keyboard. Here's what I listened to while I was snacking.

    Baby I-Amy Millan
    Teenage Kicks-The Vibrators
    Ballad of 1999-Ross Beach
    Sunday Morning-The Velvet Underground & Nico
    I Love the Rain-The Real Tuesday Weld
    Gimme Little Sign-Brenton Wood
    16 Military Wives-The Decemberists
    We Belong Together-A.M. Sixty
    She's a Lady-Tom Jones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaay!

    Finally we have some bloggers sharing music! Thanks Snag! I especially like the Tom Jones finale.

    BP, I see where the current fad is to read aloud your high school diary entries to an appreciative audience at a public bar during a variation of a open poetry slam. Sometimes called "cringe night" these are the embarrasing details from your past that are now shared for the amusement of others.
    I see a parallel: the airing of your "deep tracks" could be a carthartic and self-analyzing experience. Plus, it gives us a deeper sense of who you really are.

    In my case, I select the channels based on what I want to hear, and I could listen to the hair metal channel at any time. Sometimes I do. But you're correct, my random still has some control over it. Yours is more personal. But then you could still delete the real cringe-worthy songs. Why don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I was thrilled to see that you spelled *believe* like this:

    beleive

    Ha-ha-ha-ha....

    Ha. Ha. Ha.

    :)

    Secondly, I promise I won't whine and cry continually for the next few months, but you know what? I was watching some awards show on VH1 the other night and they honored Genesis. Genesis actually came out and played a couple of tunes.

    Guess what they started with?

    You were right.

    "Turn It On Again."

    Then? Then?

    "No Son of Mine"

    Or whatever it's called.

    PLUS! BP, Phil just kind of stood there. He wasn't his theatrical self.

    I'm really gonna try not to complain and worry. But, you know what?

    I'm afraid I'm going to ruin one of my best childhood/early adulthood memories by going to this concert in Sept.

    I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teenage Kicks by the Vibrators-Nice.


    But then you could still delete the real cringe-worthy songs. Why don't you?

    I'm WOUNDED. You believe that I would do that? You have no faith.

    I refuse to take mulligans for a lot of reasons: It's not the way to do it; integrity; it gets conversations going (sometimes)...

    but mainly it's because by therapist tells me not to.

    ReplyDelete