Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christian Militia

Does the Religious Right even READ teh Bible anymore? Or is it just certain parts of it that support their own violent, hate-filled worldview?

The Left Behind wackoids have released a computer video game that combines the 'best' of a blood n gore, first person shootemup with the intolerance and hatred of evangelical Christianity, where players are to force characters to convert, or kill them.

I think I missed that part of Christ's life in my Sunday School classes. Did he tote an automatic weapon, or rely on biblical smiting?

Always in league with the ReichWing, our family friendly Wal-Mart is carrying the games.

And although Hillary Clinton finds a way to ignore REAL violence and death in Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, and New York in favor of buddying up to Lieberman (Independent-Narcissist) to get all wound up about video game sex n violence (which, at last count, has killed exactly NO ONE); I am somehow sure she will find a way to ignore this particular little gem.

Feh. America is a weird, uptight, place, run by the weirdest and most uptight.

2 comments:

  1. I know you meant the "Does the Religious Right even READ the Bible anymore?" as mostly a snarky lead-in, but it's an intriguing question. If they are reading it, it does seem that they must be only reading the Old Testament. There certainly doesn't seem to be much of the hope, grace and love of the New Testament in much of the Evangelical Church these days.

    Truly it is hard to imagine that any of them have read the beatitudes lately. Hmmm... I feel a post coming on. Might have to continue this thought over at my own place. Thanks for the inspiration (HAH!) tc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take inspiration where you find it. I speak from experience.

    Actually, I meant it literally. It seems impossible to believe that the more extreme Christianists are reading the same Bible I've read.

    But I guess it's just a case of Confirmation Bias, where they only internalize the parts that support their violent, hate-filled worldview.

    ReplyDelete