Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Simple Solution

Kevin Drum has posted about a plan proposed by James Carville and Paul Begala.

Now, before all those red-meat conservo-droids that read my blog (I know you're out there- I can feel you WATCHING me...) start in whining about partisan proposals, check out what they're talking about.

No More Jack. Abramoff, that is.

It' as it says up above, a Simple Solution. No more fundraising for incumbents, no more whoring, no more Tom DeLay armtwisting and corporate sell off of Government influence.

I'm not an idiot; I know it won't eliminate corruption, and isn't a permanent solution. As Molly Ivins points out, money will find a way but this is too important to let it go; and as she says, you have to periodically adjust any complex piece of machinery, why should this be any different?




Corrupt, ethics- free Sleazebags like Abramoff and Delay would have to go back to working used car lots. or the Music industry. And Congressman might get their souls back, and start representing American people again, rather than American Corporations.

Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment