Sunday, February 06, 2011

Highway To Hell

As was thrashed out in comments at a much nicer blog than this one, A new feature will be incorporated into the Empire:  Fuck You Fridays.   In which I will unleash on a couple of people/items/issues/noises that are currently aggravating me, and then I encourage people to stop in and drain their own personal boils all over the comment thread.  I expect it to be ugly, contentious, vicious and therapeutic, and I canNOT think of a better purpose for this stupid blog, short of posting unbearably cute pictures of cats, or Mekons videos.

But I missed it this week, because I was waiting for a fucking HVAC guy to come in and fix my office's HVAC, so it might venture above 53 degrees.  He was supposed to do it on Tuesday, but I did not come in, and since the building manager doesn't have a key to my office, they couldn't check; the blizzard intervened, and I didn't make it back until Friday, to find it at 44 degrees. 

One might think I would inaugurate FYF aiming at the HVAC guys, but one would be wrong; they were just doing the best they could.  The Building Manager was doing the best he could.  I was staying home to shovel and laugh at the dog trying to poop in snow over her head.  So no, there's no Fuck You in that mess, annoying as it might be.  Except maybe the dog saying Fuck You to me for laughing at her in the snow, and since she can't fucking use a computer, that won't be happening.

Johnny Lydon once sang, "anger is an energy" and it does seem to work for him.  So, next Friday, stop back for hate and anger and energy and spit and bile.  Happy Times!!


On a much, MUCH lighter note, My Refrigerator is Scaring Me:

Don't let the weird photo auto-correct scare you away; the actual magnets look quite fabulous, and are available here.  Buy your own to teach your children dirty words!  Be sure to keep the Zebrafish ones on the freezer portion of your fridge though, that is a warning from teh Creators.

On a tangentially related note, I recently had to have my iPod Nano replaced for Massive Unexplained Heat Gain and General Freakout.  It was originally orangey, and named Zardoz, in honor of the orangey costumes in the movie.  The replacement was blueish and also named Zardoz.  Young Zombie noticed the change in hue, and he asked if they were offered in red (to coordinate with my car which is red).  I explained that I was coordinating with this stupid 70's skiffy movie in which none of the costumes were red.....

I felt so stupid.  Of course, YZ didn't catch it, but I will guess that all of you will. 

And I feel that will most likely be my legacy; to force people to retain knowledge of a really stupid Sean Connery Movie from a period when drugs were Very Prevalent.  I am very depressed about that.

18 comments:

  1. Now that i think of it, we haven't Zardozed in a while. Leave your suggestions here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the idea of Fuck You Fridays and will happily vent my spleen with you.

    That being said, cute cat pictures never hurt anybody...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, with those claws, I think that baby cheetah might fare very against a zombie. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. Your blog makes me mistake-prone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I feel that will most likely be my legacy; to force people to retain knowledge of a really stupid Sean Connery Movie

    Uh... I don't think you are alone on that one. :)

    Thanks for the promotion! I'm sure Snag thanks you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and are available here.

    I seemed to have been a little lax on "store" maintenance, but then I forgot I had a store...

    I dreamed that I was teaching the bats' painting class again. Argh. Better to focus on the store... or other venues. I used to have venues. I did up until 2008. Hmmm, what happened then?? Oh, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey? Is there a game today??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey? Is there a game today??

    I've already started on the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  9. to force people to retain knowledge of a really stupid Sean Connery Movie

    I have it in my Netflix queue, so I can watch it on my iPhone ANYWHERE.

    Fully Zardoz-enabled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you had gotten a red one, you could have clipped it to your crotch. You know, in tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Say, those are some nice magnets.

    - A satisfied customer

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you had gotten a red one, you could have clipped it to your crotch

    it doesn't vibrate, fish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) Thanks Friend.
    2) Want magnets.
    3) Need magnets. Must get magnets.
    4) Congrats on that whole football thing.
    Strangely, my iPod is red, and has been answering to Zardoz since I got it. Strange minds think strangely alike.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok,I attempted a trackback to this post... something I haven't done in awhile... trackbacks being so 1992... Maybe Blogger and TypePad have no bloggy love for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it doesn't vibrate, fish.

    Use the iPhone instead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok,I attempted a trackback to this post... something I haven't done in awhile... trackbacks being so 1992... Maybe Blogger and TypePad have no bloggy love for each other.

    If you need help, try alt.helping.jennifer

    ReplyDelete