Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Die Kreuzen

Jennifer you might try "posting a video".

Like this one, Although I suspect Substance might like it better. This is the kind of thing that happens when your brain is frozen and you fill the cracks with alcohol:



That viddy was produced by a fella named Ron Faiola, Friend of Zelmo, also known as Ron Ford when he was drumming for the next band. I think the following song might be the theme for "The Animals Are Scaring Me":



Speaking of drummers, the drummer for Die Kreuzen (who is now living in Amsterdam) also was in the following band, notably named FuckFace.



As long as I'm in this mode, might as well post this; local industrial art-punks, a good friend of mine played percussion and circular saw for them for a bit. One of their cassettes was titled "Gravel On Urine". This is one of their most traditional 'songs':



Interestingly enough, they have released some newer stuff recently, which is on iTunes. I remember when iTunes was new, one of the constant criticisms was that it was mainly major labels and acts, and little representation of smaller bands, but if Boy Dirt Car can sell through iTunes, it doesn't seem to be much of a barrier anymore.

11 comments:

  1. I'll be singing, "The Zoo is COOL!" all day. The zoo is WAAAAY COOL!:)

    Von will be busting your chops for posting YouTubes and calling it "blogging".

    Has the Packer love warn off already, ZRM? Isn't the parade today? Thank goodness it's warm! It's almost 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I hope Von don't bust my chops. I am already pretty stupid the past couple days, another head blow would be bad. Besides, I didn't just post viddys, I wrote a little bit about them....

    No, Packer love is still STRONG! In fact, I got a little post to put up after I eat...

    Cold or not, the Parade will still be packed. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUSCI VIDEOS!!!! where are the cute cat pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Above my pay grade, Kathleen. I've got a picture of Fonzie queued up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. None of this stuff really does it for me...but I always like learning about groups I've never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probly before your time, vs. These were some of the groups that paved the way for Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails.

    Die Kreuzen has been making me bang my head all day. Probably move on to Sonic Youth after that.

    Cold weather makes one squirrelly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not chop busting today. There's more to it than videos.
    Nice try, getting me in trouble, Jennifer.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I like the last one best. Die Kreuzen were better noisier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed, that was one of the milder DK songs. In the videos of their earlier, thrashier stuff, though, they looked like such...kids.

    I half expected you to say you played an opener for them once, Subby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today, I started with a bunch of prog, which didn't do it for me; then went to PIL; nope. Tried a Power Pop playlist, and THAT didn't quite make it either.

    Finally, landed on the Mekons. THAT was what I needed. Mekons ever since.

    ReplyDelete