Friday, October 01, 2010

The spoils belong to the victor, this is a Loser's song....

Because I have been told posting a video is an acceptable alternative to writing something.

This song provided this crappy blog with a title, and I suspect we have never lived up to the song.

Please note: the ass record company insisted that they change one of the lines. When you hear "this song promotes margarine- it's in a pretended relationship..." the REAL lyric is "this song promotes homosexuality. It's in a pretended relationship with the others on this record". I know that this bothers me more than any of you and I know that I have written it before, but in hell, we are cursed with repeating ourselves forever and ever, right, Mr. God?



Happy the man who can post drivel and rants, and not concern himself with comments nor naysayers.

I have no meetings tomorrow, but many obligations, so fair warning; I think it is a likely Mekons Friday. All three of my readers will likely not care. well, one of them might. But hell.

EDIT, for those who give a shit, I am watching the video of The Executioners Last Songs, and am frankly weeping at the wonderful songs...

"Somehow, and not for the last time, the Mekons managed to snatch triumph from the jaws of humiliation..."

6 comments:

  1. Watching a video is an acceptable alternative to writing a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo for Mekons Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rant away, shamblicious one, rant away.

    Uh, did you get the keys to that antipodean blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Somehow, and not for the last time, the Mekons managed to snatch triumph from the jaws of humiliation..."

    Here's to hoping the rest of us manage this feat.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could someone please pass the margarine?

    ReplyDelete