Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Too Much Time On My Hands

Jennifer did a long boring meme over at YesPlace, and since I'm unoccupied and antsy, I thought I would steal.  After all, she told us to, and Cookie Queens are used to being OBEYED.


What is your favorite thing to wear?  Good lord.  What?  I guess I've got this Full Frito T-Shirt that's pretty cool...

Last meal you had at a restaurant:  Barbecue chicken/ribs at edgar's Calypso.  Tasty indeed, and lubricated with a couple of rocky margaritas...

Name one thing that scares you:  Getting between AG and an available Jewish doctor. Oh, and Heights.  Which is funny, because this week I am doing a proposal to perform a facade inspection of a six story building.  The things we do for money....

Who was the last person in your bed?  Toby.  The cat.

What were you doing at 7:00am?  Sleeping, for FSM's sake.  What, you got the idea that I'm some kind of sick 'morning person'?

Last person you hugged?  Sweet wife.

Does anyone you know want to date you? You gotta be kiddin me.

When was your last encounter with the police? when Dude broke into my office.

Have you ever driven without a license? O my yes.  In high school, I was in the habit of driving to school when my Dad caught a ride to work.  Until he caught me, of course.

What time of the day is it?  Just about Lunch.

Who/What made you angry today? Nothing yet.  Still a lot of day to go.

Do you want anyone? O my yes.

Do you like birds?  I like birds.

Do you download music?
jennifer and BG both made innocent noises about this, and I don't understand.  It's been well over a year, I think, since I've bought music in a bricks and mortar store.  I don't download ILLEGALLY, though; with the exceptions of super mega stars like U2 and Metallica, most bands need the cash; even more than I do.  Buying discs at the shows is the best way to put that cash in their pockets, and downloading isn't bad for a second choice, especially if they have a web site with direct buy.

In fact, for two albums now, I've even pre-ordered discs from Marillion in order to finance the recording of the music.  I expect the newest, Happiness Is The Road, any day now.

Support live music.

Do you care if your socks are dirty? Yep.  I'll wear dirty underwear before I put on dirty socks, which is probably more than you wanted to know.

Opinion of Chinese symbol tattoos? I like em.  I fully support a person's right to mutilate and disfigure their own flesh in new and entertaining ways.

What are you doing tonight? Doing a high school visit with Young Pilgrim.  We are investigating several high schools in the MPS system, and he's got to apply to 3.  

Do you like to cuddle? well of course.

Do you love anyone?  O my yes.

Whose bed did you sleep in last night? One doesn't snore and tell.

Have you ever bungee jumped?  Nope.  I've experienced more pit-of-the-stomach fear in running a business than anybody really needs, and after that, even jumping out of perfectly good airplanes seems tame.

Have you ever gone whitewater rafting? Nope.

Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you? Ya gotta be effin kiddin me.

How many pets do you have? Just two right now; Toby the Rescued Cat, And Lucifer The Dog whose Ass Leaks Hell. And the tank o fish.

Have you met a real redneck? Just like BG, I married into redneckery.  In fact, I've gotten into political/racial arguments that nearly came to blows at a wedding reception.

How is the weather right now? sunny.  cool.  Autumnal.

What are you listening to right now? eels.  See above link.

What was the last movie you watched? Stardust.  Surprisingly fun.  DeNiro had a good part, but yanno what?  Maybe he shouldn't do camp.  Actually, later that night somebody was showing Time After Time on cable, and I sat through it yet again, as I am nearly unable to resist.

Do you wear contacts? O my yes.

Where was the last place you went besides your house? Does the office count?  I'm there now. Otherwise, it was taekwondo teaching/workout

What are you wearing? Commando.   Again, probably more than you want to know.

What's one thing you've learned this year? Just one?  I learned Washington DC is fully in thrall to the mighty Bollard Industry.

What do you usually order from Starbucks? 'S funny.  I've designed no less than three cafes, but don't drink coffee so I rarely go to Starbuck's.  If I do, I guess I either get hot chocolate or tea.

Ever had someone sing to you? Nope.  Still time though.

Have you ever fired a gun: Paint gun.  Air gun.  Not a killin gun though.

Are you missing someone? O my yes.

Favorite TV show? Normally I might say Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs, but in the Silly Season, I gotta go with Countdown.  Maybe Maddow.   O I guess it's probably the Daily Show.  After all, I'm not a Real American.

What do you have an obsession with?
Music.  Buildings.  

Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb?  Other than the weird Michael McDonald thing, one Halloween, someone once thought I was dressed as Penn  Jillette.   I wasn't wearing a costume.

Who would you like to see right now?  Several clients with long overdue checks and abject apologies.

Ever had a near death experience?
Nope 

Are you afraid of falling in love?  Nope.  Never have been.

Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to? O my yes.

Has anyone you were really close to passed away recently? Not recently.  Probably due.

What's something that really bugs you? speelling errorrs.  And people who pronounce 'masonary'.  And 'nucular' of course.  It's been a very hard eight years.

Taco Bell or Burger King?  If at gunpoint, Taco Bell.

Next time you will kiss someone? Tonight, tonight, tonight.

Favorite baseball team? Nobody.  I even resisted the Brewers in the post -season.  I've been negative on the Brewers ever since Selig and Thompson extorted 400 million from the area to build that dysfuntional clamshell, when nobody was willing to expend as 1/3 as much effort or money on necessary school maintenance the year previously.  Then, of course, Selig bankrupted the team, cashed out, and left town in order to try and destroy baseball entirely.  Sweet Jebus I despise Bud Selig.

Ever call a 1-900 phone number? oddly enough, no.

Nipple or Nose rings? Neither.  Probably because it was enough to get my ears pierced a facking quarter of a century ago.

What's the longest time you've gone without sleep? even in arch school, when people were notorious for working without sleep for days, I always tried to get a couple of hours just to keep the psychotic episodes at bay.  But during crunch times, I'd probably say 48 hours.

Last time you went bowling? Can't remember.  It was definitely Landmark Lanes though.

Where is the weirdest place you have slept? Can't remember.  Might have been Landmark Lanes.  

Who did you last speak with on the phone? One of my old employees.  In fact, the first employee.

What does your last received text message say? Text messages?  Who needs text messages?  The voices in my head keep me occupied quite nicely, thank you.

What's the closest orange object to you?  
Orange?  Good lord, this is an ARCHITECT'S office, orange is RIGHT OUT. Last night, though, when I read this meme, it was Lucifer the Dog whose Ass leaks Hell.

8 comments:

  1. O my yes, this was long and boring. :)

    There must be a lot of desperate and bored bloggers out there because I'm seeing this odd combination of questions popping up everywhere...

    You know, had I tagged people they would have gotten all bloggy, holier than thou on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, long and boring, but you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to procrastinate and I was desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat is named Toby too.

    You can have him.

    No really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An orange, leaky ass dog. You're a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think it was boring. I liked this meme for some reason. I was just possibly in a meme mood is all.

    This was my favorite answer of yours, BP:

    What is your favorite thing to wear? Good lord. What?

    lol.

    Maybe you'd like to wear the outfit that's my first link today??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be more likely to wear the outfit in the second link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why? You don't like hats?

    ReplyDelete