Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm a Wreck

Holy schnikeys my knee hurts. It's been sore since last week, and my back was a bit sore earlier this week, but it all seems to have settled into my knee. I can barely take stairs. Reminds me of my Mom, who had arthritis bad enough to get both of her knees replaced with plastic-and-aluminum jobbies. They seemed to work pretty well. I wonder if that's where I will end up? Haven't had any real arthritis symptoms anywhere else.

It wouldn't be so bad if it had happened, say, while working on our house, or maybe during a heated sparring match. But I can't remember doing anything that would have affected the damn knee like this.

Hey, getting old sucks. But I don't think I'm the first to say that.

So it's the Big Mojo Nixon I'm A Wreck Friday Random Ten and St Patty's Day Hoo-Raw. So we'll be doing the random from the Irish music on my computer, here. This may not be what you're expecting.

670 songs. No comments or self rating.


1. Down In The Ground Where The Dead Men Go from the album “Red Roses For Me” by The Pogues

2. Take It or Leave It from the album “The Singles Collection (Volume 1 1996-1997)” by Dropkick Murphys

3. Me And Howard Hughes from the album “A Tonic For The Troops” by The Boomtown Rats

4. Long Way To The Light from the album “Bring 'Em All In” by The Waterboys

5. Even Better Than The Real Thing from the album “Achtung Baby” by U2

6. Young Ned Of The Hill from the album “Peace And Love” by The Pogues

7. John Law from the album “The Singles Collection (Volume 1 1996-1997)” by Dropkick Murphys

8. Go Home Paddy from the album “Home Of The Brave” by Black 47

8.5 Roads Of Germany
from the album “The Happy Club” by Bob Geldof

9. How Come from the album “Pogue Mahone” by The Pogues

10. Miracle Drug from the album “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb” by U2

11. The Electric Co. (Live 1983) from the album “Under a Blood Red Sky” by U2

12. In God's Country from the album “Joshua Tree” by U2

13. It's All Good from the album “I You You Me” by Brother

14. He Watches It All from the album “V Deep” by The Boomtown Rats

15. Love Or Something from the album “The Vegetarians Of Love” by Bob Geldof

15.5 The Little Death from the album “V Deep” by The Boomtown Rats

16. Orphan of the Storm from the album “New York Town” by Black 47

17. Listen from the album “All the Best (Disc 2)” by Stiff Little Fingers


That's seventeen because it's March 17th. Not enough Black 47 and too much U2, IMNSHO. Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment